Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Awesome Pizza

I have made many pizza's, but I have to say that it is the
best homemade pizza that I have ever eaten!
BTW, pizza is my favorite food. :) I hope you enjoy!


2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) yeast
1 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. olive oil
3/4 cup pizza sauce
12 oz. mozerella cheese-
(sliced or shredded)
1 3/4 oz. pepperoni slices etc.
(about 25 slices)
1/8 tsp. dried oregano
1/8 tsp. black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightyly grease a 12 by 9-inch
baking sheet. Sift the flour and slat into a large bowl. Stir in the yeast. Make a well in the center and add olive oil and 1 cup lukewarm water. Mix until a soft dough forms. Turn the dought out onto a lightly flourer surface and kenwad gently for 5 minutes.

2. Roll out dough and press into prepared baking sheet. Cover and allow to rest for 10 minutes at room temperature, then bake for 5-7 minutes.

3. Remove the crust from the oven and spread pizza sauce on top, leaving 3/4-inch border. Arrange the mozzarella and top with favorite pizza toppings. Sprinkle with oregano and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and bake until golden, 15-20 minutes.

4. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, slice the pizza into 6 square slices. Serve hot.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good, thanks for sharing the recipe.

Suzanne said...

ooooh you're making me feel hungry! love the new blog layout btw

Arlene said...

This one is almost exactly the same as the one I use -- it IS good! :o) Here is the recipe if you want to check it out :o)

Next time, try kneading in some Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder (I don't always have Italian seasoning, so I just add in basil, oregano, and parsley). You will be amazed at the difference the difference in flavor! :o)

Grace said...

That picture looks good enough to eat! I love pizza too:)

Jennifer said...

Mmm! Looks delicious!

Yes, I designed the header of my blog myself. I also did my mom's (Keeping it Simple). Can't wait to hear about your contest! : )

A Joyful Heart said...

Arlene,
Thanks for the link and the tip! That sounds really good, I'll have to try it next time I make pizza.

Verda said...

Hey, I saw you comented on my families' blog. The little girl is not my sister, but she's my second cousin. Do I know you?

A Joyful Heart said...

Verda, No I don't know you. I found your blog through Bethany's, please stop by here again!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that pizza looks and sounds really good. Sadly, I can't cook :-(
Guess I'll stick with the frozen stuff!