Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pop up Comment Boxes & Comment Moderation


Sample: Pop-up Comment box


I have wanted to post this for a while now, but hadn't got around to it...so today I finally did! *smile*

Okay, to the point. My Internet connection speed is not the fastest, so when I visit someone's blog and would like to leave a comment on a post, I click the comment tab, and more often then not the pop-up comment box will not load for me to leave a comment! (Or else it takes quite a few tries to finally have it come up) Sometimes I just give up and don't leave a comment... Does anyone else have this same problem?

Why I am posting this is because I am wondering if those of you who have pop-up comment boxes would consider changing them to full comment pages, for those of us who do not have high speed Internet? It would greatly be appreciated!! Maybe you would get more comments! *grin*

and one more thing...

Comment Moderation

I am the kind of person who likes to browse blog archives to catch up on a post(s) I may have missed, and I sometimes see a post that interests me and I want to leave a comment or sometimes ask a question, but if the blog I am visiting does not have comment moderation, I sometimes do not comment because I "know" my comment will most likely not be answered because the blog author does not know that I left a comment. (e.g., Nine posts down the page)

Just some thoughts...

Thanks, for taking the time to read this dull post! ((smile))

BTW, I know some of you have reasons for not having comment moderation (i.e., away from your blog for long periods of time, etc.) and I completely understand! I'm just a little frustrated, I guess!


8 comments:

Nikki said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I LOVE Comments

Anonymous said...

Hey,
it could have something to do with the cookies on your computer - i have to say yes to some other pop up box to be able to view comments on blogs... not sure why... it's kinda obnoixious

Arlene said...

Blogger now has the option to notify the blog owner of new comments via an email. My blog doesn't have comment moderation, but I am notified of any and all comments through my email, so you just never know who has their account set up that way... But, I do see your point. Actually, I recently switched my blog so that posts older than 7 days (or maybe 14 days... I can't remember which) are moderated... helps control the spam a little easier, I think. :o)

Thanks for pointing out the difficulties of the pop-up box. I never even thought of that being an issue with dial-up. :o)

A Joyful Heart said...

I like comments too, Nikki! *smile* Thanks for commenting, on my blog. :)

Tori said...

I understand what you're saying. I have felt the same way at times. While we have hi-speed on our main computer, we don't on my Dad's laptop (which we take with us when we travel), so then it's hard to comment on blogs while we're traveling. The nice thing about the pop-up boxes is that it still plays the music on the blog you're on. When it switches to a full page, the music stops until you go back to the main page, and then it starts completely over again. But I still prefer having the comments go to a new page.

In case you're interested, I have enabled comment moderation for posts that are 5 days old or older - that way I know when someone has commented on an old post. So, feel free to comment on old posts of mine! I will get them! :)

Anonymous said...

I like comment moderation as well. :)

Grace said...

Hey Amy! My blog is set up so that all comments are e-mailed to me even though I don't have comment moderation. I'll have to look into changing my pop-up comment box...I didn't realize that it was a problem.

Abigail said...

Hello,
Thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog.

I too have my blog set-up so that whenever someone comments, I am notified via e-mail. : o )

I LOVE comments!

Again, thanks for stopping by.

Do come back soon!

Abbey