
- Respectfulness (i.e., Yes, Ma'am, No, Sir, which I now say, since moving down here :)
- The mild winters (although I do miss snow sometimes! *sigh*)
- The Beautiful Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic
- The Southern Accents
- Southern Gumbo (This soup is very delicious!)
8 comments:
I tagged you for a book meme over on my blog. :)
I, too, appreciate when people use the "Yes, ma'am" and "No, sir"! Unfortunately it is not very common up here, but our family tends to use those phrases anyway. :)
Thank you for sharing the recipe! It looks like something my parents would especially enjoy. (They miss the 'southern' style of food that they had when living in Louisiana.
Just curious, have you acquired a southern accent yet? Poor Missourians do not have interesting sounding accents . . . I always thought it would be fun to talk with a southern accent or something along those lines, but people would probably look at me just a might strange if I started doing that! ;D :)
I like the respectful part as well!! Although I haven't seen what it is like up north, so don't know both sides. :) However, I do appreciate it, when I'm out doing things, dressed like a lady, and the men always address me as: ma'am, lady (or ladies with my sisters), open the door, step to the side, do what they can to help, etc,... Of course I don't ask for that attention, but somehow when I'm in my role as a lady, it demands it of them, almost. Even from people I would never expect it from, there they are - stepping to the side and being polite. I think that most likely you'd get that from anyone wherever you go - but maybe it's most likely to happen in the South. :) I don't know, but I'm glad I'm a lady!! :) I know, this comment is like totally off the wall and not necessarily directly related with your post, but it's just a few things that came to my mind.
~ Ruth Ann
Sarah,
No, I don't have a southern accent. (at least not that I know of) Although I do say ya'll now instead of you all, since moving down here. :)
If only such respectfulness was more ubiquitous! That's a lovely palm tree, by the way.
I must tell you that I absolutly love the south also, though I live in the north. I really like your picture also!
I like southern accents too ;) And if I were you I would NOT miss snow!! I'm already rather depressed because the last few days have been almost chilly! :)
I've noticed that people from the South are a little more friendly, than up here.
By the way, I love your new blog design...you did a great job.
Post a Comment